VAHHS Network Services Organization (NSO)
Who We Are
The Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems Network Services Organization provides data services to health care providers in support of their work toward financial sustainability, quality improvement and health care reform. VAHHS-NSO has supported hospital discharge data for the State of Vermont for more than 25 years.
With data from all Vermont hospitals, VAHHS-NSO is uniquely positioned to provide comparative analysis to the entire Vermont hospital system, adding insight into performance and trends.
What we can do for you:
- Secure web-based interactive reporting library
- Custom report development
- Data extract to support your internal teams
In addition to serving our members, NSO assists with the following:
- Analysis and reporting in support of policy and public relations initiatives
- Data extract for the Health Care Cost and Utilization Policy (HCUP) run by the Federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Policy. HCUP is a comprehensive source of hospital care data, including information on inpatient stays, ambulatory surgery and service visits and emergency department encounters.
To learn more about how the VAHHS Network Services Organization can assist you, contact Sean at (802) 223-3461, extension 108, or email@example.com.
Show the potential loss (“leakage”) resulting from patients in your area seeking care at other Vermont hospitals. Summary by quarter over any year surfaces potential trends. Detail by DRG code allows you to focus on a specific procedure group and includes the facility where the patient received care.
Health Care Reform and Quality
Are your readmission rates in line with your goals? Leveraging data collection from all Vermont hospitals, the readmission report will assist in understanding patient readmission trends. Details levels include comparison against CAH and PPS hospital groups as well as patient ID.
Health Care Policy Initiatives
How can your hospital respond to new and ever-changing health care policy initiatives? Using policy analysis from all Vermont hospitalsNSO data provides insight into performance and trends, best practices and more.